Evergreen (EV) content refers to blogs or pages that are continually relevant and stays "fresh" for readers over a long period of time. Unlike news articles or seasonal pieces, which can quickly become outdated, EV content remains useful and interesting to readers years after its publication. Key characteristics of EV content include:
- Timelessness: It is not tied to specific events, trends, or dates, meaning it remains relevant long after it's first published.
- Continual Interest: It covers topics that people will always be searching for, ensuring a consistent flow of traffic to the blog or page.
- Consistent Value: It provides value to readers regardless of when they encounter it, often focusing on fundamental or introductory topics in a given field.
- High SEO Potential: Due to its long-term relevance, EV content is highly beneficial for search engine optimization (SEO). It can continuously attract visitors through organic search, making it a valuable asset for maintaining and improving a website's SEO ranking.
Examples of Evergreen Content
- How-to guides and tutorials
- Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
- Product reviews and comparisons
- Tips and best practices
- Resource lists
Why EV Content Matters
It draws traffic to your site long after it's published. This consistent traffic, in turn, contributes positively to your site's SEO performance.
Since evergreen content remains relevant, it continues to rank well in search engine results, bringing in a steady stream of organic traffic.
By providing valuable and timeless information, you position your brand as an authority and a trusted resource in your industry.
Invest once in creating quality evergreen blogs, and reap the benefits over a prolonged period, making it a cost-effective strategy.
Supports Your Marketing Efforts
EV content can be a cornerstone of your marketing efforts, providing a reliable base for your content strategy.
Creating Evergreen Blogs for Your Brand
Creating EV content requires a deep understanding of your audience's needs and interests. Focus on fundamental topics within your industry, and aim to answer the questions that your audience consistently seeks answers to.
Tips for Crafting EV Blogs:
- Understand Your Audience: Know their enduring pain points and interests.
- Focus on Quality: Provide comprehensive, well-researched, and clear articles
- Keep it Updated: Periodically update your EV content to ensure it stays relevant and accurate.
Why Does EV Content Matter for Your Business?
Evergreen website content makes marketing easier for just about everyone. Why?
Whoever is in charge of your brand's digital marketing content, spend less time, effort, and stress over trying to develop the next hot topic for internet traffic.
We all know that time is money, so this phrase becomes quite literal when you pay your marketing employees for their time.
When it comes to Google, content that has become outdated will not rank at the top of its search engine results. When your content is evergreen, your brand will receive consistent and organic traffic, no matter what is happening or trending in pop culture.
Tip: As a general rule of thumb, companies should avoid using content from trending news, fads, or controversies. Brands should try to create content that is as EVas possible.
How do You Find Evergreen Topics?
If you would prefer not to pay for SEO tools, there are plenty of different keyword tool options that are free. Some free keyword tools are:
- Google Trends
- Answer the Public
- Keyword Generator
- Keyword Sheeter
- Bulk Keyword Generator
- Google Search Console
- Keyword Surfer
Brainstorm Potential Topics
Have your marketing team come up with a list of potential topics you would like to post about on your brand's blog or social media account. Next, enter the potential topics into the SEO tool of your choice.
Compare the Search Engine Volumes of the Keywords
Which topics have the most SEO potential?
Create Your Content
This is the fun and easy part of the marketing strategy. However, your brand will need to be consistent in Google's best content today and in the future. There are three categories to consider while creating your content to make sure that it is top-notch:
- Quality. What does the company's website look like? Is it professional, aesthetically attractive, and easy to read? Is it entertaining or useful?
- Uniqueness. Does your brand's content stand out from the rest? Does the content have innovation?
- Authority. How well educated or experienced are you in this specific field or topic?
Don't Be Afraid to Refresh Your Content
After a while, you may need to go back and edit or refresh some of your blog or social media content. It is perfectly OK to rewrite, republish, and repost something that your brand has written in the past.
In Conclusion on EV Content
EV content can make all the difference in creating consistent and organic traffic to your brand. Being strategic with evergreen topics can save you plenty of time and money with strong benefits.